Children's Hearing Aids
Children who are hard of hearing are becoming an increasing priority for many hearing healthcare companies. There are a variety of unique product offerings specifically for children that are available in many different styles, types and colors.
Children's Hearing Aid Features
Many companies now offer devices with greater functionality for adults, children and even infants. Here are just a few innovative features and programs which have been specifically designed for children:
- Fun color assortments or ones that match skin tones
- Tamper-resistant battery cases
- Tamper-proof volume control buttons
- Starkey has created a program called StarKids which provides communication materials for children and their families to provide them with fun and knowledgeable resources about their device.
- T-switch or telecoil is a small wire inserted into a hearing aid. The telecoil is used to improve telephone communication and it can be used with other assistive devices to enhance television and stereo enjoyment.
- An FM system can work great in a classroom as it allows the child to hear the teacher's voice above disruptive classroom noise. A teacher wears a small microphone and transmitter that sends sound directly to the child's hearing aid and receiver using a wireless FM transmission.